Mental Health First Aid
This non- accredited training focuses on learning how to assist people who are developing a mental health problem, experiencing a worsening of an existing mental health problem or in a mental health crisis, until appropriate professional help is received, or the crisis resolves.
- Be 15 years of age
- Have sound communication skills
What will be covered training
- Learn about the signs and symptoms of the common and disabling mental health problems.
- An overview of mental illnesses, risk factors, prevalence, and impact
- How to provide initial help
- How to provide first aid in a crisis.
- Support care worker/s
- Medical staff
- Assistant in Nursing
- Pharmaceutical Worker
- Personal care Assistant
- Aged care and disability workers
Duration: 2 hrs
Delivery method: Face to Face and online
Presenter: An experienced registered nurse and assessor.
Disclaimer: The training does not consist of accredited certification, only participation certification is given.